Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkinhead Ale by Shipyard Brewing Co. (5 out of 10)

                                                              
First off, the rating 5 out of 10 is more based on pumpkin flavored beers, as opposed to beers as in general. Well it's fall, Oktoberfest time, and a time for many seasonal beers. I tried Shipyards Pumpkinhead Ale a few years back, but just had it again a few days ago. It is golden/amber colored ale, and has a nice spice smell to it. In tasting it was very light compared to some pumpkin ales, and found it to be a little to much carbonation for my taste. This ale does have pumpkin/cinnamon  flavors, but not in the ratios I prefer in others of it's sort. Pumpkinhead Ale has a 5.10% alcohol content. I know some people who really like this beer, and other who don't care for it at ALL.  I guess I am somewhere in the middle, Love it or Leave it

No comments:

Post a Comment